Get information about college the easy way
Resources that provide lists of colleges include:
- Peterson’s Guide to Colleges and Universities Use Peterson’s online site for alphabetical, geographical, majors lists and more.
- Princeton Review Online Provides rankings of colleges, lists of colleges and more.
- College Net Check under College search and virtual tours for lists of schools
- US News College Online Use the College planner, College search or other tools to find and rank colleges or explore the other resources available in this Educational Section of US News.
- College Board OnLine Provides search access to colleges by criteria beyond geographical.
- California State University information center.
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities
- California Community Colleges List of community colleges with addresses, phone numbers, and Internet links.
- Students Rising Above, a successful college completion program, offers free online college admissions, financial aid, and career development through the SRA College2Careers Hub for students around the country. The SRA Hub is available to students 24/7, and provides personalized and professional online advising to students along the critical pathway from high school, to and throughout college, and into the workforce.
- ECMC, The College Place. It is a college access center helping students pursue educational opportunities after high school. They provide information, assistance, and encouragement to help students achieve their goals. All resources are free.
BHS College Resources
College Planning for Seniors – (36 pages) The ‘Red Book’ has been revised and expanded and is suggested reading for all juniors and seniors, and their families.(Revised Sep. 2017)
Senior Timeline – All the important dates throughout for the whole year. (Revised Sep. 2017)
Junior Handbook (Revised Spring 2018)
Sophomore Handbook (Revised March 2016)
FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid): Due March 2nd, 2023
Dream Act Application (Aid for undocumented students): Due March 2nd, 2023
Senior Financial Aid night 2022 recording and slides:
Updated regularly – keep checking back!
Summer Programs List
Summer opportunities: Academic programs, internships, jobs and more!
Summer Travel and Gap year programs
- High Performance Tutoring in Berkeley is a great local option for professional SAT and ACT prep. In addition to paid, one-on-one tutoring, they offer free test prep at BHS to students that are eligible for free or reduced lunch. They also host free tutoring and test prep workshops at libraries in the community. Check out their YouTube channel for test prep tips and tricks.
- KhanAcademy has a free SAT prep program online.
- Mometrix Test Prep Academy has free practice questions and tutorials for many tests including PSAT, SAT and ACT. The math video tutorials are very helpful.
- JobWeb “Springboard for college and job-related sites.”
- Kaplan Educational Centers This commercial site contains items similar to the Princeton Review site.Slow to load.
- Minority on-Line Information System (MOLIS) Includes information about minority institutions, scholarships, minority faculty, federal opportunities, and more.
- “Supporting Undocumented Youth – A Guide for Success in Secondary and Postsecondary Settings.”
This is a Department of Education document dated October 2015 and includes legal and financial aid information.
- Educators For Fair Consideration – Resources, Information, and Scholarships for undocumented students.
- Y-Scholars Program – is a college readiness program that works with first-generation, college-bound, and low-income high school students. They prepare them for college and beyond through life-skills workshops, tutoring, and college advising.
Your future – what will it be?
- Career Page Find answers to the many questions that you might have about internships, careers, interviewing, resume writing, cover letters, career planning, and self-assessments. We also have this program on the server at school.
- Career Search with the College Board This site enables you to search for jobs that match your likes and dislikes and look at specific occupations to learn more about training, qualifications, earnings, etc.
- Career Center A wonderful guide created to help you learn more about the careers you’ve been considering. Maintained by UC Berkeley.
- Occupational Outlook Handbook A thorough and insightful guide into career descriptions with links to the “real” world. Also provides links to other resources.
- Career Planning Guide Includes information about interviewing, resume writing, career strategies, specific careers, and issues to consider.
- O*Net The Occupational Information Network, is a comprehensive database of worker attributes and job characteristics. The database contains info about knowledge, skills, abilities, interests, general work activities, and work context. It provides the essential knowledge foundation for identifying prospective careers to explore, career counseling, planning education etc …
- Career One Stop Smart career decisions start here! Find wages and employment trends, occupational requirements, state by state labor market conditions, millions of employer contacts nationwide, and the most extensive career resource library online.
- USA Jobs is operated by the Office of Personnel Management and is the US Government official source of Federal job and employment info. Explore the 13,311 Federal jobs in the USAJOBS database.
- Road Trip Nation Career exploration defined by you.
- My Road Career has personality assessment to get a detailed report on your personality type. Explore a list of suggested careers and majors that fit your personality and strengths.
Glassdoor – On this website can search by job or company and find all sorts of openings. They also have a lot of information on salaries, as well as, interview feedback from people who previously interviewed for the position you may be looking at.
Free Resume Templates – This site has a short guide about choosing the right template, and near the bottom of the page, they offer a bunch of template options that are divided into 8 categories, such as Basic or ATS-Optimized.
Junior Parent/Guardian Presentation Slides February 2nd, 2022
Junior Parent/Guardian Zoom Presentation February 2nd, 2022
Senior Parent/Guardian September 2022 presentations:
9/08 Recording (English) 9/20 Recording (Spanish)