Berkeley High School has convened a committee to advise the Principal on a potential bell schedule redesign. We believe that by improving the ways we use time through a bell schedule redesign will better allow us in achieving our mission of educating and inspiring all students in a supportive environment. We also believe that a schoolwide initiative focussed on improving the way we utilize time will allow us to better serve the students who are not currently being supported at BHS. We are investigating the ways we use time at BHS through a bell schedule redesign process; gathering input from students, staff, and families about their priorities and values regarding how we use time during the schoolday; reviewing academic literature; and creating a comprehensive implementation plan including professional development and curriculum support for staff. This webpage is meant to serve as a collection of information regarding the bell schedule redesign.
Our work is following timeline of the bell schedule redesign (
Executive Summary – the bell schedule committee has created this executive summary of the redesign process thus far which we intend to share publicly and with the school board as an informational agenda item on the June 1, 2022 board meeting.
Literature Review – in order to ensure that this redesign process is research based and data driven (and in response to feedback and suggestions from the board of education) the bell schedule committee has created a summary of the literature review they have conducted thus far
Slide deck from the 9/22/22 Bell Schedule Redesign Town Hall Meeting.
Spring 2022 Survey Results
- Results: Student Survey for BHS Bell Schedule Redesign
- Results: Staff Survey for BHS Bell Schedule Redesign
- Results: Family Survey for BHS Bell Schedule Redesign
- Email message shared with families about the Family Survey
Surveys– the bell schedule committee has launched a number of surveys to gather input from students, staff, and families
- Summary of a survey taken by staff members in Spring 2021
- Launch of the bell schedule redesign process for the 2021-22 school year. The timeline for the work has been updated (see the report for the school site council for more information)
- Information shared at a town hall event
- Information shared at the school site council event
- Email message shared with families about the extended timeline for the bell schedule redesign